Saturday 10 August 2019

Antifragility


Do you know Antifragility is most essential in building resilience and to encounter disorderliness?
Do you like to enjoy the traffic and all its honking? enjoy the noise?

I recently came to know about antifragility and the book on antifragility written by Nasim Taleb. The most interesting thing is that I have watched "The black swan" film and know how Nasim Taleb profitably employed impact of the impossible events on our minds and depicts how the unknown reality is perceived. Given I know a little about Nasim Tabeb, Antifragility provoked more interest.

Antifragility can be easily stated with the example of how our body builds immunity, "injecting venom into our body in small quantities so they don't do much harm, but over a period of time, our body would have developed immunity".

A 5 min video worth thousands of such blogs :) Give it a try.



I am not done yet, that is not all of it. I have been musing a lot about emotional intelligence, human biases, fixed mindset personas and fixed mindset moments.

Now the riddles :)  To decipher the riddles, decipher "emotional intelligence", "human biases", "fixed mindset personas".

Time to time, we get into fixed mindset moment and the creature comes out of us - "The fixed mindset persona". There could be, of course many, a multifaceted heart, is not it?

The most important thing is to recognize such creatures, The question to come out of the personas control is to question who is the persona driving my spinal bus?




All right I got all the fixed mindset personas and now the "lazy" me need to take control from "autonomous" creature to avoid them impeding me to act intelligently. I have to instruct my creature whenever they make mistakes as they are vulnerable to "biases".




Is I am the only one driving the spinal bus with the autonomous creature? No. I live in a town full of traffic. I can hit the highway to get a smooth flow - "The state of flow". I know highways are only build to transcend from one town to another or to change the perception of my own town. I can take a train to get the flow, but in the bandwagon way, only the engine knows where we are heading.

Building antifragility can be a better way to handle the traffic.

Please don't ask me about car, bike, flights :)  I am not dealing with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Meditation and 5 L

Relaxation and Laughter distinguishes being human and human being . Relaxation is meditation. May be it is a lie, but a beautiful one, whic...