Friday 5 June 2020

Bharathiyar and Asaimugam

I have been hearing the song "asai mugam maranthu po che" many times, I thought it was a song on Kannan (lord krishna), recently based on the comments on the video, I found that this song is written by Subramaniya Bharathiyar. The reality of why he wrote this did touch heart too deep. Bharathiyar has written many songs with deep meanings despite looking naive.

Below is a verses from bharathi, which everyone must seek day in and day out. Every line is a gem. Clearly shows how much understanding he had about life. I love this word திண்ணிய நெஞ்சம், it emphasizes to make rooms for everyone in our life, which I do strive to achieve.

எண்ணிய முடிதல் வேண்டும், 
நல்லவே யெண்ணல்  வேண்டும்;
திண்ணிய நெஞ்சம் வேண்டும்,
தெளிந்த நல் லறிவு வேண்டும்;
பண்ணிய பாவமெல்லாம் 
பரிதி முன் பனியே போல,
நண்ணிய நின்மு னிங்கு 
நசித்திட வேண்டும்  அன்னாய்! 

Below is the song, i enjoy and the comment I told you.



This great song was written by an awesome Tamil poet "Subramaniya Bharathiyar'. It seems after he lost his one and only dear mother, he had a photograph of her to remind her. He somehow lost that photo as well and he was shaken by grief. Thus this song.
Aasaimugam marantho pochey, Oh! I have forgotten my dear love's face my friend idhai Yaaridam solven adi thozhi; I don't know to whom I must address this complaint Nesam marakavillai nenjam, the heart though has not forgotten its fondness enil Ninaivu mugam marakalaamo; then how could my memories let me down? Kannil theriyuthoru thotram, The form that I perceive athil Kannan azhagu muzhuthillai has not in sum all his beauty Nannu mugavadivu kaanil, andha In those eyes set in that beauteous visage Nallavalla sirippai kaanom; I find not his sweet winsome smile Oivu mozhithalum illamal without any respite Avan uravai ninaithirukkum ullam my heart dwells on our relationship vayum uraipathundu kandai You would notice that Andha maayan pughazhinai eppodum I constantly speak that illusionist's praise always Kangal purinthuvitta paavam But a sin committed by my eyes uyir Kannan urumarakkalachu has caused his disappearance from sight pengalinidathil idu pole have you noticed such folly oru pedamai munbu kandathundo? In other women my friend? Thenai maranthirukkum vandum Can you ever find a bee that forsakes honey oli sirappai maranthuvitta poovum A flower that shirks sunlight vaanai maranthirukkum payirum a crop that ignores rain Indha vaiyam muzhuthumillai thozhi any place else in this world? Kannan mugam maranthuponal, If I could forget Kannan's face intha Kangal irunthu payan undo; Could I have further use for these eyes? Vanna padamumillai kandai, Alas! I don't even have a colourful picture of his inni Vaazhum vazhi ennadi thozhi; How do I live out the rest of my life in this state my friend?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Meditation and 5 L

Relaxation and Laughter distinguishes being human and human being . Relaxation is meditation. May be it is a lie, but a beautiful one, whic...